RE: filmscanners: dither vs haltoning (was File sizes, fileformats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Well this is really OT but much as I love the Art Institute, I would
be loathe to say it has the best impressionist works.  The D'Orsay
has all the work from the old Jeu des paumes and Europe is so rich in
this  painting.  We're lucky in the States to have such wonderful
exemplars here but still ...

It was primarily because of a visit to Paris while in college and my
first real view of the great impressionist paintings (particularly
Monet's "Parlement") at the Jeu des paumes that I switched my major
from political science to art history, took up photography a little
more seriously and am scanning happily today.

--
Sara Jane Boyers
sjzb@earthlink.net

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.