Re: filmscanners: Colors in Neutral Gray

Thanks Maris, that reference was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to
find.

I knew that I needed to twist and bend the curves, but had no idea how to
do it methodically, and sometimes just gave up in disgust..

Some of the examples are very similar to problem images I have abandoned in
the past - now I can attack them with method rather than madness!

Mark T.

At 11:18 PM 26/02/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Read any of Dan Margulis's "Professional Photoshop x" books.  You can read
>Chapter 2 - By the Numbers, which describes the procedure in detail and in a
>nutshell (though it's a hard nutshell), online at
>http://www.ledet.com/margulis/PP6_Chapter2.pdf
>
>You'll get the hang of it - I've been working at it about a month and I'm
>only starting to get some things right.  It takes time and lots of practice.
>
>Maris
>
>snip>
>| >Experience will beat this problem and the darkroom most certainly does
>not
>| >rule.
>| >
>| >Doug Herr
>|

>| Is this really true?  I have encountered images where playing with RGB
>| curves has just made me feel like I am drowning (perhaps just in my
>| personal pool of insufficient knowledge!)
>snip>

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.