filmscanners: Re: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x17...

At 3:24 PM -0500 2/27/01, Dale & Gail wrote:
>If your OS is Win95/98/Me/2000 I suggest you try a program called Qimage
>Pro. You don't have to resample for printing as the program does it for you.
>The print results are far superior than PS or PSP. The program is very
>inexpensive and the support is very good.

Hi Dale,
        Thanks for the tip, but I'm using a Mac G4. As it happens, I
don't resample for printing (sorry if I gave the wrong impression).
        Along with Austin Franklin, I am also interested in how
Qimage makes prints far superior to Photoshop. I gather from your
first reply to Austin that it has to do with superior resampling
algorithms, so does it also give better prints if you don't resample?

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.