Re: filmscanners: Colors in Neutral Gray

on 2/26/01 9:47 PM, Doug Herr at telyt@earthlink.net wrote:

> Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> Experience will beat this problem and the darkroom most certainly does not
>>> rule.
>>>
>>> Doug Herr
>>
>> Is this really true?
>> Note that I am not arguing with the point - I love my digital darkroom, and
>> have no problems with most images, but I know I have a long way to go to
>> really understand colour balancing, because it bites me every now and then..
>>
>> Mark T.
>
> I can't claim to be an expert but I'm finding less reason to use
> color-correcting
> filters.  An example of what can be done is at:
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/technique/bluepika.html
>
> Doug Herr
> Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

I looked at your images, Doug, and the background grays, some just like the
ones I had trouble with--beyond the depth of field and fading into the sky--
are certainly nice and clean.  Very nice.

Can you make a few comments about your film, film format, scanner, and image
processing technique (e.g., 16-bit or 8-bit to Photoshop?  have you
encountered the same problem I was referring to, etc.)

Thanks,
Berry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.