RE: filmscanners: why bother professionally ??

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:39:14 -0600  Laurie Solomon (laurie@advancenet.net)
wrote:

> I think this is a very astute analysis with which I agree completely,
> unfortunately.  Mass market mentality not only seems to prevail; it appears
> to be steadily advancing in all areas of life.  Even life itself appears to
> be becoming cheaper with every passing day despite all the alledged sanctity
> of life that is proclaimed in societies - especially first world western
> societies where the almighty dollar or national equivalent prevails.

This is getting OT - but the kinds of editorial photography which are
economically viable
seem to be dwindling by the day. Soon all that will remain will be celebs and
lifetstyle.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &