Re: filmscanners: why bother professionally ??

Tony Sleep wrote:

 > Along with the advantages of the easy, lossless reproduceability of
digital has
 > come the biggest threat of all: clients demanding all rights forever,
usually
 > for no extra fee, in order to exploit the photographs (and the
photographer)
 > more thoroughly.

If artists weren't so quick to "eat their young" we would have unionized
a long time ago and placed our job at least at the value of that of
your basic bureaucrat.  We'd have decent wages and a pension, and be
paid for each usage and just maybe we'd even get some respect. But then
again, real crisis is when the "sanitation engineer" fails to show up at
your house for two weeks... striking artists just don't have the same
impact on day to day living.

We do allow ourselves to exploit one another... there always appears to
be someone willing to undercut the last guy's bid, one way or another.

Sad. ;-(

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.