Re: filmscanners: Kodak RFS 3600

David: Checked out your website. Very Impressive. You will probably get some
feedback from some folks on the list who have a 3600... I have a Minolta
Scan Elite... I considered buying a Kodak, but I have big resistance to
being an unwitting field test victim... Plus everything I saw on this
discussion group pointed at an IR channel and Digital ICE as being must have
elements in a scanner (saves LOTS of time on digital spotting)... then I had
a talk with my local pro equipment shop, who sell Polaroid, Kodak, Minolta
and Nikon scanners, plus Imacon... the word they had from the pros who knew
was that the Minolta was a better value than the Polaroid and they didn't
gave enuf feedback on the Kodak... If you are looking to scan rolls, the
Kodak is better suited than the Minolta Elite (which uses 6 frame holder),
but the after 4 months has given me great scans, no technical headaches and
only cost $995. That said, the new Nikons might be a better fit for your
needs... they have a roll adapter plus digital ICE and much higher
resolution than the current LS2000 (which you can pick up refurb for about
$990 ). The reason I have doubts about the Lodak besides what I have said so
far is that a couple of other pro photog newsgroups I have read have not had
good things to say about the Kodak...

Mike Moore
www.arcportal.com

David Sirola wrote:

> Does anyone have any information regarding the kodak RFS 3600?
>
> Seems to have impressive specs at a reasonable price, but knowledge is a
> good thing prior to dropping cash.
>
> Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.