Re: filmscanners: Kodak RFS 3600

I  haven't owned of used one.  You are right about the specs.  The
complaints (and there have been quite a few) is that the software is
very problematic.  I think Kodak just slashed the price on it, as well.

The other thing about Kodak, as a company, that I'd watch out for is this:

They tend to suddenly abandon whole market areas without warning, often
for no apparent reason.  They just one day announce "we are no longer
going to sell ____________ under our name".  They did this in the video
hardware market, the videotape market, the movie market, the copier
market, and several others.

I would be cautious in any market they are not a leader, and especially
if they are branding a product made by someone else.

Art

David Sirola wrote:

> Does anyone have any information regarding the kodak RFS 3600?
>

> Seems to have impressive specs at a reasonable price, but knowledge is a
> good thing prior to dropping cash.
>

> Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.