RE: filmscanners: Kodak RFS 3600

Dave,

I bought one after I learned on the original Scan Dual.  I think that it is
a great scanner.  The software seems to be a little buggy at times, but it
works for me.  A lot of features, and the ability to scan a whole roll at
one time.  I have not had to make any color corrections in PS since using,
hence I only need to scan at 8-bit.  I have put about 1000 negs through mine
already with much satisfaction.

I just saw the post regarding them pulling out of markets that they are not
leading in.  A little disturbing; but I might add that I got a customer
service rep on the phone within minutes of my first attempt.  This was very
important to me.  The more that I have used it, the more I am satisfied.

One advantage that I have is that I live in a very humid place.  The dust
here in comparison to the last place that I was (Las Vegas) is just about
nil.  The need for ICE is not that great.

Hope this helps...

Spencer

PS.  If you have any real specific questions, I can answer them off list.

Does anyone have any information regarding the kodak RFS 3600?

Seems to have impressive specs at a reasonable price, but knowledge is a
good thing prior to dropping cash.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.