Re: filmscanners: storage

Sara Jane:

As a non techie, I would say you have 2 chioces. One a  SCSI CD writer to ensure
decent speed in the process and the other is an additional disk drive.  If you
go
the SCSI route, consider a Ricoh.  I have one and it works fine.  The software
is a
little clunky and takes a little getting used to.  I opted for the internal
drive
and I use the Adaptec SCSI board it came with to chain the Nikon LS-30 scanner.
left the board that came with the scanner in the sealed package.  Both have been
working fine with no hiccups since they were installed.

Gordon

Sara Jane Boyers wrote:

> I am so enjoying the list, learning as I go.   I am happily scanning
> away on my new Minolta Scan Elite - running through slide scans
> quickly right now as I print out images I'll soon convert and put
> into a quark mockup for a new book project and here's my question....
>
> I knew I wouldn't have enough storage room since I'm scanning at high
> resolution and my files seem pretty big, especially after I work on
> them in photoshop and retain the layers, so.... any suggestions on a
> good CD-RW to hold all the stuff?  And any considerations I should
> use as I shop?  I am on a year-and-one-half year old MAC powerbook G3
> (bronze keyboard) with USB, one SCSSI being taken up by the two
> scanners) but no firewire.
> --
> Sara Jane Boyers
> sjzb@earthlink.net
> http://www.teenpowerpolitics.com
> TEEN POWER POLITICS: MAKE YOURSELF HEARD
>           A Millbrook Press/Twenty-First Century Book
>           ISBN: 0-7613-1391-5, paper $9.95/ISBN 0-7613-1307-9 hardcover,
>$24.90
>           Email me if you'd like to be on my newsletter update list!
> LIFE DOESN'T FRIGHTEN ME   Stewart, Tabori & Chang
>           A Publisher's Weekly "Best Book" of the Year, NYPL "Best Books for
>           Teens", ALA "Book for Reluctant Readers", AIGA "50 Best Designed
>         Books"
> O BEAUTIFUL FOR SPACIOUS SKIES  Chronicle Books

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.