Re: filmscanners: removing dust from SS4000

There are a number of different types of compressors.  Ones based upon
refrigeration compressors provide a very clean and quiet air source.
Diaphragm based units also provide clean air but they are noisier, so it
is important to get one with a pressure shut off switch so they don't
develop too much back pressure when not in use or, or you can use tools
(nozzles, etc) which have a air bleed on them although this leaves the
compressor running continuously.

Piston based compressors often do have oil residue in their air, and so
they require a good moisture trap and air filter.  Since compressed air
builds up excess moisture due to condensation it is always wise to use a
moisture trap, anyway.

Art

Stan Schwartz wrote:

> I think you run the risk of spraying bits of lubricant when using a
> compressor.
>

> Stan Schwartz
> http://home.swbell.net/snsok

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.