Re: filmscanners: Oversaturated reds

You aren't the first to point out oversaturated reds with the HP S-20.
Interestingly, however, I have this problem with transparencies, and you
have it with negs, which seems to imply something is either wrong with
the software or the CCD sensitivity.

I have spoken to HP engineers about this, and they told me this is not
normal, and it is a defect in some units, since some do not manifest it.

I have found the only manner to correct this is in Photoshop by moving
the red hue position in the hue and saturation menu to reduce the red level.

I suggest you call HP and let them know you have this problem.  You
aren't the only one.

Art

DRP wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm getting into trouble scanning Supra400 with a HPS20 and Vuescan:
>
> red objects loose details and are oversaturated.
> Pb seems to come half from CCDsensor (like in video, for those who know),
> half from the film itself.
>
> Did anybody noticed that?
> Can I correct that a little inside Vuescan?
>
> Best regards and thanks.
>
> Didier (Paris)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.