[filmscanners] Polaroid SS4000 tube

It's been a long time since I last posted here — went digital and passed my
SS4000 SprintScan on to someone with more use for it.

The new owner tells me that the scanner tube has failed (after about a
decade, not surprising, I suppose...) and has asked for aid in obtaining a
replacement.

My question is, does anyone know which tube was used in these, and/or a
possible source?

It has no markings, so beyond the physical measurements (67mm long, 59mm
active length, 2mm diameter — hope he got that right!) it isn't easy to
identify.

An extensive search for cold cathode tubes (including both Polaroid and
Microtek) didn't bring up anything remotely like it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Charles