filmscanners: Re: Polaroid SS4000

I have a question re the Polaroid SS4000 installation with Windows XP.

This scanner ran okay on my Win 98 SE setup, but since I installed Windows
XP I'm told the system can't find my SCSI board. XP itself says the board
is there and running properly, and it's listed as a device driver. I've
read what I could at the Polaroid site, where a fairly comprehensive guide
is provided for getting this scanner to operate in XP, but so far it's a no go.

When I boot up my system, ,when it's still a black screen, I'm told the
SS4000 is installed but that I have no SCSI BIOS installed--again,, even
though once inside XP the OS tells me everything is fine. But then when I
try to load Insight I get an error message telling me that no SCSI board
can be found.

XP does have the correct driver from my Adaptec Ultra SCSI 2930U card, and
I've installed the latest version (5.03) of Polaroid Insight. I've checked
the Microsoft Knowledge base but there's no reference there to this.

Has anyone experience a similar issue? Does anyone have a clue what the
problem might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Tris

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.