[filmscanners] Re: Advice on scanner settings

On 26/02/2009 LAURIE SOLOMON wrote:
> Yes, except if they go out of business or have security issues, which
> are
> distinct possibilities in this day and age.

I have a buddy arrangement with a photographer friend a few miles away. In
the event of disaster he can come and get his own external hard disk back
(and he has had to, thanks to disk corruption). Every couple of weeks he
swaps it for an updated archive. They're kept under lock and key, unconnected.

I was going to deposit drives with him, and we were going to try FTP
updating but it never happened as I sorted out offsite storage even closer
to home. Besides the data volumes are just too big to shove across ADSL.

I've got rid of external drives after they bred like rabbits and still ran
out of space, and now use caddy mounted 1 TB SATA's which swap out easily.

--
Regards

Tony Sleep
http://tonysleep.co.uk