From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of James L. Sims
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 12:48 PM
To: bobgeo@dgiinc.com
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: SS4000 & SCSI under Vista

I believe none of the Polaroid scanners are being supported beyond
32-bit Windows XP or the same era Mac OS.  About a year ago I contacted
Polaroid, asking them if they would be providing 64-bit drivers for my
SprintScan 120.  I had recently upgraded to a 64-bit computer.  Polaroid
informed me that the SS120 had been out of production for more than
three years and no driver updates would be forthcoming.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the quality of today's flatbed scanners?

Great to see active dialog on this list!

Jim

Bob Geoghegan wrote:
> While we're talking about SCSI scanners under current OSs, how 'bout
Vista?
> I'm running an SS4000 on a Win XP laptop through an Adaptec 1480B.  The
card
> is supported under Vista, but I don't know what to expect for the scanner.
>
> Bob G

or body