[filmscanners] RE: SCSI support on a Mac Pro

Tony,

You may be correct about film scanners using a SCSI-2 interface; but I
believe that my Minolta Dimage Scan Multi (the original version) was SCSI-1.
At any rate, I noted that the specs say that the converter/adapter supported
only a SCSI-2 interface just in case there were film scanners that used a
different interface or people who might be thinking about connecting some
other SCSI device to the adapter or to the daisy chain.

There were and are still firewire -> SCSI converter/adapters on the market;
and evidently were - if not still are - USB2 -> SCSI converter/adapters as
well as USB 1.1 -> SCSI converter/adapters on the market.  USB2 is just as
robust if not more so than Firewire; it was USB 1.1 which was not as robust
as Firewire.  But now, Firewire, under its various names, comes in a number
of different flavors and speed capacities.  The original spec was a 400; a
new spec was introduced that was 800 or double the capacity. Firewire is
used by many digital cameras as their connection to the computer of choice,
although there are now a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and number of pins -
4 pin and 6 pin configuration connectors in use.