[filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

Thanks, Bernie.  Years ago I was developing a device for evaluating and
collimating lenses and a mutual friend, Leon Kenamer, introduced me to
Dr. Singh.  I had him make three narrow bandwidth filters (5 to 10
nanometer bandwidth) for my autocollimator. He also made an infrared
filter for my light source.  The lamp would burn the end of a Q-tip at
one inch from the bulb.  With his filter placed directly in front of the
lamp, I could hold my hand at that one inch distance from the bulb and
felt only mild warmth.  His narrow bandwidth filters also performed
perfectly.  Needless to say, I was very impressed with his work.  I
discussed UV filters with him and he was making them at that time.  He
did say that they were costly to make and was not sure about sales.

Thanks again for the link!  I lost track of him after Leon passed away.

Jim