[filmscanners] Re: Good deal on nice digicam

This raises some very interesting aspects of digital cameras.

I should mention that the S3IS already offers live histograms, and the
flashing overexposure in review mode, and some customized scripts, but
not raw, which is very interesting.

What's most interesting is that most electronics today use firmware in
flash or other non-volatile memory which is accessible on some level.
The features, as long as the mechanics are there, are almost
unlimited,   Many devices these days can be advanced or reprogrammed to
make them more effective, or expanded in terms of features, in fact,
often the only difference between a high end version and a medium of low
end version of a product is the firmware, or the number of buttons on
the remote.

It is cheaper to just have the majority of the feature set in the
firmware and silicon and then extract a subset for a specific product line.

 Very neat, thanks for the heads up on this.

Art