[filmscanners] RE: film and scanning vs digital photography

David,

Remember that this discussion started with my attempt to explain why Getty
and other high end stock photography houses might insist on professional
drum scans over high end prosumer CDD scanners.  The main justification is
that they know the quality that their clients demand but they do not know
the exact range of uses and sizes that will be used by the clients who
license the image or if and how the image may be cropped when used at the
users given enlargement size.

We are not talking about the differences you might see at the size
enlargements that you prefer or about your tastes concerning grain and grain
structure in an image.