[filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

On 12/06/2007 Henk de Jong wrote:
> Am I right that when you apply the adapter ring you focus by hand with
> maximum aperture and that the diaphragm will close automatically to
> the
> setting you have set manually at the moment you push the release
> button?

I think so. You will also have to stop down the lens to use TTL metering
as there is no coupling to the body of aperture info. DoF preview will do
that I guess.

It all seems rather hair-shirt to me, like turning a 5D into a Zenit-E or
early Practica. You'd really have to love the lenses!

There are cheaper adaptors around. Try Google.

Unfortunately I can't easily ask my friend how his 1DS-2 and Leica R
lenses worked as he died last year. Ouija might work I guess...

--
Regards

Tony Sleep
http://tonysleep.co.uk