[filmscanners] RE: Nikon LS30 & Vista

As a note, at this point in time, there are little by way of drivers for
scanners (or printers, for that matter)  on the market for Vista X64 OSs -
or for that matter XP X64 OSs.  As for ASPI Layers, Microsoft also is
displaying little interest in supporting them in the future - especially for
X64 systems.

I have been able to get a Umax Powerlook II SCSI flatbed Scanner to work
under Vista X32 using the  old XP X32 Twain driver that came with scanner
without problems; but that X32 bit driver will not work with an X64 bit OS.

I have to wonder if your X64 Vista system even recognizes the SCSI card -
let alone the scanner attached to it.  If it does recognize the SCSI card,
than the ASPI layer may not be the problem; the scanner driver may be the
problem, since it probably is a 32 bit TWAIN driver.  There never has been,
I am told, a 64 bit twain driver written for public release.