[filmscanners] ADMIN: LIST - SORRY!

Hi,

I just had mail suggesting the list was not working.

It was briefly offline several months ago, but was (I thought!) reinstated
within a few days. There didn't seem to have been any mails through it,
which I thought was just lack of traffic.

In fact I've now discovered there was a misconfiguration stopping it from
working. My apologies to anyone who has wanted to send mail to the list
meanwhile. It was entirely accidental!

I'll take this opportunity to mention that all the old filmscanner
material is now vaped from www.halftone.co.uk (currently aliased to
www.tonysleep.co.uk/www.tonysleep.com). Sorry but it was very obsolete and
not worth redesigning to fit the new site as filmscanners are now a mature
but waning technology, and I abandoned doing new reviews some years ago
for cost/time reasons. I guess most people who need to know about them,
already have a degree of expertise - although I still get occasional
emails asking 'I have 20,000 transparencies, how can I scan them?' :-)

However, I may be persuaded to create a forum there if members of this
community would find it useful to have a venue for discussing broader
photography tech and other topics. There has consistently been a high
quality of debate and good signal-to-noise on this list which is not the
case with many of the larger forums, and I'd quite like to preserve that
and broaden the scope to suit evolving interests.

--
Regards

Tony Sleep
http://tonysleep.co.uk (currently rather beta-ish )