[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan and 64bit Windows - Ed's reply

FWIW, I don't build PCs using Asus mobos. I find I get a better bang for
you buck with Gigabyte. I've built two systems using the GA-k8n Ultra-9
(x64 and Suse 10.0)

If you are using onboard raid (often known as FRAID for fake raid), it
won't be blazing. I use the onboard raid myself as I really can't
justify the price of a 3ware card. You can tell a fake raid b the
necessity of OS specific drivers. These drivers are doing the busy work
(XOR) of a real raid card. I'm using RAID 10 with 4 drives, which might
have some speed advantage, but I doubt it with FRAID. Perhaps the dual
core helps. I haven't benchmarked it.