[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

On 31/05/2006 Laurie Solomon wrote:
> I suspect that like drivers the currently available ASPI
> layers from Adaptec and Microsoft may be written to 32 bit
> architectural
> specifications and therefore not usable by 64 bit devices, systems, or
> software.

I suspect likewise, and 32bit ASPI isn't going to work where 64bit is
required. I rather assumed that 64bit ASPI would be available, since it
would be needed for anything SCSI.

> Moreover, Ed's software may be written to 32 bit
> architectural specifications and not work in 64 bit systems or
> recognize
> 64 bit hardware if such hardware exists.

Yes, quite possibly VS needs a 64bit rewrite to work with the OS OK. That
may be the problem. Hopefully Ed will say.

I think you're right about hardware not having a 32 or 64bit architecture
in this context. It really shouldn't matter AFAICS, it just speaks
Firewire or USB or SCSI protocols, in the same way that TCP/IP is independent.

Regards

Tony Sleep