[filmscanners] Re: large scanning project

        Art is correct - the Polaroid Dust and Scratch removal filter is a
very useful tool. The advantage is it works for any file - the
disadvantage is it can't always distinguish between dust and fine
details in the image. You can fine tune the effects with careful
adjustment of the various settings and usually you can find a setting
that removes most of the dust without losing any image detail. You
can then clone out the relatively few spots that remain.  On the
occasions when I can't find a setting that doesn't remove some wanted
detail, I have resorted to selecting in Photoshop the areas that I
want dust removal (or selecting areas that lose detail and inverting
the selection). Over the three years or so I have use the filter it
has saved me many hours of tedious dust spotting.
        I haven't tried the Dustbuster as it is Window only, but if it is
indeed better than the Polaroid it should work well.

Cheers,
Roger Smith