[filmscanners] Re: financing an Imacon (was RE: slide scanner - PlustekOpticFilm 7200i)

Thanks to "Lists" for this reference to an East Bay shop which offers
scanning services. Someone from here in the further reaches of the
North Bay could get there and back, and be on Cantoo's Imacon for
three hours in between the rush hours, for about $155 ($50 auto
expense plus CanToo's 3 x $35 = $105). But it's an hour and a half
drive each way. Still, they might put that six hours in once a week.
Not more I don't think, but that might be enough for the "keepers"
among their film work.

Suppose now they could instead hand the film and, say, $300 to me to
scan it for them on my Imacon. I wouldn't mind to do it, they would
get that day back, and the Imacon would be financed even if I could
do this work for some one other person only every other week. That's
a big "if" though. For one thing, there might be competition closer
to here than CanToo is. I have to look around.
--
Sam