[filmscanners] Re: financing an Imacon (was RE: slide scanner-PlustekOpticFilm 7200i)

I can't imagine there being something in Berkeley that you can't find in
NYC. Well, Cal Berkeley being the exception.

I think your best bet would be to call companies that offer scanning
services and see if they have machines for rent on premises. My
recollection is Cantoo would give you hands on training, though I
suspect some stores might make you buy 30 minutes of training time.

You can rent slide scanners at pro photo stores, though I never saw
anything high end, just Nikon, Minolta, & artixscan.

See page 2 of this PDF.
http://www.kspphoto.com/pdf_files/rental/rental_brochure.pdf

This pdf is for digital camera backs.
http://www.kspphoto.com/pdf_files/rental/digital-rentals.pdf