[filmscanners] Re: Postprocessing - Resizing for screen display

>> What techniques do list members use to resize/sharpen screen display
>> images and what USM etc values seem best?  I'm determined to produce
>> an image which my wife actually feels does the original
>> justice........

Are you sure the "sharpness" issue isn't simply one of having the
proper resolution and aspect ratio?

Usually, if your digital image is of sufficient resolution, then,
given the proper aspect ratio and/or how you ask the computer to
display the image, it will be nice and sharp.

I'm a Mac driver, so I'm somewhat unclear on the details for making a
Windows desktop wallpaper image.   Nonetheless,  I've got a friend
with a windows box who wanted a photo converted to wallpaper.  As it
was displayed, it was a mess (it was a photo of a person), fuzzy and
distorted.  I re-scanned the photo at higher resolution and then
saved it as wallpaper.  That cleared up the fuzziness.  It was still
distorted because the display resolution wasn't set to a pixel count
appropriate for the screen size.  Thus the image was stretched in one
dimension in order to fit the screen.  I had to futz around with the
screen resolution until I got it to display correctly (Macs handle
this much better--well, ok they handle most things better<g>), but I
eventually figured it out.  Problem solved.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your problem.

Good luck,

Carlisle