[filmscanners] RE: Compact Cameras

> Hi,
>
> I know this question has been asked in the past (and slightly
> off-topic) but times change so I'd thought I'd raise it again.
>
> I recently read an article about a photographer who started
> out with digital (Fujifilm S2 Pro) but then switched to
> medium format for colour and to an Olympus XA for 35mm black & white.
>
> The latter part caught my eye as I use an XA for its size and
> portability, albeit with slide film.  I like the XA and its
> exposure is normally reasonable but always feel restricted by
> the lack of manual exposure.  (I often use a hand held meter
> with my "proper" cameras.)  Additionally, although I enjoy
> occasional scanning - I have a Minolta Scan Elite - it is
> just too time consuming.

Hi Al,

Having looked at t'internet for details of this camera (and trying to remain
on topic), I'd stick with it.

OK - so its aperture priority only, but it appears to be a very neat
rangefinder camera - maybe not in the same league as leica, but is seems to
be good enough.

I'd stick with it. Especially if you're doing B&W.

Chris

--
believed to be clean.