[filmscanners] Re: Oops?

It's been my experience that chromogenic film is even harder to scan
since it has an extremely wide latitude. I guess the problem here is we
don't know exactly what the complaint is regarding the Nikon CSV and
scanning B&W film. That is, is it noise, an odd looking image due to a
funny gamma, etc.

Chromogenic film is great stuff for long exposure night shots. Light
sources don't bloom in the image as much as compared to regular film. I
like the Kodak Portra 400BW for this purpose.You can expose it at ISO 50
to bring out the areas not near light sources.