[filmscanners] RE: NikonScan negative question (was Dynamicrangequestion)

> From: Ed Verkaik
>
> That isn't true with Gain adjustments, is it?  I thought it
> causes the scan
> to "delay" over the slide so that the raw data had more actual
> light in it.

Yes, it does. If you fiddle the "analog gain" in NikonScan, the scan time
changes, along with the pitch of the stepper motor. And that's exactly what
you'd want it to do, since the main noise source is the CCD itself.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco