[filmscanners] Re: Nikon scanners on Mac

Hi Bill,

Thanks for responding to my enquiry.  However, I am afraid it is the sordid
details that I am lacking.

I have not been scanning Kodachrome, although at some point I will want to
do that, as I have many, if you include the Agfachrome, which may fall into
the same class (?).

For my negative scanning, I am still lost.  I have not been able to find any
combination that will print even close to the correct color. There are many
permutations of embedded profile x color space x working space and other
settings.  Even though there seems to be a disconnect between Nikon and
Colorsync, it seems that the problem must be with the printer profile,
because the image looks right on screen (best with Nikon CMM OFF) until I do
the print/preview.  Then the magenta always blows up.  And the print looks
just like the preview:  crap.  But I have selected the Epson 2200 profile
for the specific paper.  The Epson 2200 profile for Enhanced Matte is
recognized by Colorsync.

Why is this so hard?  I don't want a degree in computer science or desktop
publishing...I just want to print my goddamn photos.

Berry