[filmscanners] Re: Nikon scanners on Mac

HI Berry--

I bought a Nikon SC4000ED filmscanner  a couple of years ago and have
used it with Macs running MacOS 9 and MacOS X.  In neither case did I
have any real trouble getting it to attach a ColorSync profile to
scans and have the scans look right in Photoshop or in print.
Although I did find through experimentation that I got the best
results from my Kodachromes by scanning with Nikon Color Management
off, then later in Photoshop assigning to the scan a custom profile I
made from a similarly scanned IT8 target.

I't been many months since I've been able to do any scanning, so I
don't remember exactly how to set things up, but I thought I'd at
least assure you that it can be done.

--Bill