[filmscanners] Re: Interferences

?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kon_T_S=F8nderland?= wrote:

> The Sony F520 monitor that I use at home seems not to be influenced much
> by anything
> compared to the el-cheapo one I use at work that flutters when my
> cell-phone goes off
> a meter from it. OTOH I have an external Maxtor (USB/Firewire) harddisk
> that seem to
> interfer with just about all my equipment (except the Sony monitor). I
> can't use it to anything
> else than backup after which I have to turn it off.

I have a Polaroid 4000 stuck on top of a system unit, then 2 Maxtor 300GB
externals, then a Sony G420 monitor. The shabby old SCSI cable for another
2 scanners runs around the back of the monitor and HDD's, past a KVM,
loudspeakers, 2 network hubs, 1 parallel printer cable,  a mains-powered
USB hub plus 2 USB printer cables, a USB cable for an X-drive and another
for a Palm T3, then there's the webcam and the whole lot is next to 12
mains sockets with wires cascading off 'em, laptop ethernet and modem
cables, yada yada... Then there's the dogsbody mail/list/file server on the
floor with the UPS, and about another 20 cables woven into tagliatelle.
Nothing interferes with anything, thank f$, because there's absolutely
nowhere else to put any of it and it'd take me a week to untangle
everything... :)

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk