[filmscanners] Re: Lousy results with Nikon LS-2000 & Kodak Gold200?

Dieder Bylsma wrote:

>Anybody else get tremendously lousy results scanning Kodak Gold 200 (current
>stock) with the LS-2000? Tremendous noise in well exposed pics. Rather
>appalling actually. Enough to make me question the scanner or the film. I'd
>prefer the source of the problem to be the film so... is there film that just
>scans like crud on LED-illuminated scanners such as the Nikon LS series?

My experience match yours. When I had the LS30 I had terrible results
with all
Kodak Gold Films.

In the end I almost exclusively used Fuji Provia F (100 and 400), which
scans very well
on the LS30 (I would assume the same on the LS2000).

Please remember that this is just my very amateurish opinion, but do try
it out see what you
get.

Håkon