[filmscanners] Lousy results with Nikon LS-2000 & Kodak Gold 200?

Anybody else get tremendously lousy results scanning Kodak Gold 200 (current
stock) with the LS-2000? Tremendous noise in well exposed pics. Rather
appalling actually. Enough to make me question the scanner or the film. I'd
prefer the source of the problem to be the film so... is there film that just
scans like crud on LED-illuminated scanners such as the Nikon LS series?

Dieder