[filmscanners] Re: Epson scanner drivers will not stay installed

Laurie,

This site:  www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/aspi.htm has the FTP & URL
addresses for Adaptec.

The Radified web site < http://aspi.radified.com/> offers this bit of
jargon:  "The term 'ASPI' is an acronym that stands for: Advanced SCSI
Programming Interface. All the following terms are synonymous: ASPI
layer, ASPI drivers, ASPI interface."  Radified also has links to the
ForceASPI program you refer to and a fairly detailed guide to how all
this stuff is supposed to work.  Adaptec has an ASPI checker program, so
you can see what's installed, if anything -- that's available from
Radified as well.

All this might not be necessary if MS learned to play well with others!
<grin>

Bernie