[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS4000 alignment

It seems to be there no matter what. When I scan Xpan shots I use the
film strip adapter. For slides I tend to use the slide feeder, so I
always thought there was some alignment problem with the feeder
mechanism. There is a small amount from it, but the Xpan shots in the
film strip adapter were perfectly square, yet there was rotation.
Lately I have been using Wess mounts with 100% view which don't go in
the feeder very well, so for the small number of shots to scan I just hand
feed them, still rotation.

I do use an action in PS to correct. Perhaps it is time to investigate
more fully the pano stitching programs. I just don't remember having
this problem with the LS-2000 I sold.

I was thinking if there was an adjustment I could tweak, I would put
in a slide, scan, flip the slide and scan again. When they both match on
a horizon (or other) line I would have it adjusted.

Wayne