[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS4000 alignment

On 8/5/04 2:55 PM, "W Shumaker" <fslist@zuik.net> wrote:

> I've asked this before, but got no information. I'm consistently
> getting a 0.5degree rotation to my images scanned with the
> LS-4000 scanner. It seems that there must be some
> mis-alignment with the scanning mechanism. I'm wondering
> if this is something that can be adjusted or not. It makes scanning
> xpan shots for stitching more difficult. Has anyone else experienced
> this problem? Any suggestions are very welcome.

You did not mention whether you are using the slide adapter, the motorized
film strip loader, the slide adapter with film strip holder, etc.

I have an LS4000, and I sometimes see a bit of rotation when I scan mounted
slides.  Usually it is because the slide was sitting at a slight angle after
insertion.  I remove the slide, push it in again (this time pressing harder
on one corner), and then I scan again, and the rotation is less.

--
Julian Vrieslander <julianv@mindspring.com>