[filmscanners] RE: not enough memory?

On Windows plateforms, the printer spooler is located in one of the folders
associated witht he OS and is separate and distinct from the printer driver
files or the Epson monitoring software, although it works in conjunction
with them.  The spooler receives an image file exported from Elements and
maintains that copy spooling it to the printer driver line by line - a few
MBs at a time.  The printer itself has a buffer which is relatively small
which receives the data sent it by the printer spooler and holds it until it
can be processed and printed.  If the printer's buffer experiences an
overrun for any reason you will get a communicatins error and the printer
will stop printing.

While this may be irrelevant, the folder that contains the printer spooler
within the OS program files is the one requiring sufficient unfragmented
space to handle the image file being received; thus the partition containing
that folder is the one you need to make sure has empty space and
unfragmented space.  Art has added a new factor when he notes that the
spooler folder may contain orphaned old temporary spooler files of images
that were sent to the printer;  they are only using up storage space and
should be deleated.  Do not make the mistake of associating free space on
the hard drive with either unfragmented space or with free space on the
referent partition (unless you only have one partition).  If your computer
says you only have a C drive then you only have one partition; but if you
have other drive letters assigned - expect to a floppy drive or removable
drives - you have several partitions on your hard drive.