[filmscanners] Re: not enough memory?

Hello, if there's anybody out there.

I have a problem using PS Elements 1.0.  I know there is a list for PS, but
maybe one of you folks can make this easy.

I have a scanned image that is 17.6 MB.  I am trying to print it on an Epson
2200, 13x19 @1440dpi.  I am getting an error after the printer driver has
initiated, prior to anything actually going out to the printer, saying that
there is not enough memory for this operation, and to close any unused
applications.

There are no other applications open except for the Mac Finder.  I have over
180 MB of unused memory available on my Mac G4, with a total of 320 MB of
hardware RAM.  Virtual memory is off, but it shouldn't be needed, and I have
not needed it before.  I have set the preferred allocation of memory for PS
Elements to 120 MB (it was at 44 MB, but I upped it just to be sure that was
not an issue.)

Am I correct in assuming that the size of the file that is being transmitted
to the printer is 17.6 MB, which is the actual image file size on the hard
drive, and the same as reported in Elements?

So what has changed?  I added some Epson 2200 profiles that I downloaded
from Epson, and I changed a setting or two in the print setup in PS
Elements.  But why should any of that matter?  I have printed larger files
on 13x19 before, so I am stumped.  Any ideas?

Berry