From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Ed Verkaik
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 5:25 PM
To: bkubs@comcast.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Best 35mm slide film?

From: "Bernie Kubiak" <bkubs@comcast.net>
Fuji Provia 100F is what I use most and the 400 speed Provia is
excellent as well.

That's been my choice for several years but this year I have decided
to make
Astia 100F my standard, with Velvia 100F as my second, "punchy"
alternative.
The extremely fine grain and rich shadow and highlight detail of this
new Astia
suggests it is a great outdoor film, especially for contrasty
situations. It
also scans better than Velvia or Provia, with no cast (apparently).

Ed Verkaik