From: "Al Bond" <al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <jwmahany@tiscali.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 10:02 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Vuescan - slightly OffTopic

Hi,

Like many list members I use Vuescan for scanning slides and negs.  (That's
the on-topic bit.)  I've been thinking of getting a small digital compact,
preferably one that outputs raw files (like the Canon S50) so I have the
choice
of how to do the post processing.

I know Vuescan can open and process raw files but I don't know how well.
Does anyone use Vuescan in this way or is its forte still mainly in the
scanning
arena?

Thanks,

Al Bond