[filmscanners] RE: Understanding dpi

Always appreciate your butting in and corrections. :-)  If your remarks are
based on the paragraph quoted alone, I will defend myself by noting that I
was only extrapolating from the orgianal statement of the analogy by the
preious poster using their language and argument structure.

If you are referrign to other elements in my comentary, please go on and
tell me more.

filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Laurie,
>
>> Also I believe that if
>> your analogy was correct, the 2000 dpi would represent a halftone
>> cell consisting of two dots while the 4000dpi would be a halftone
>> cell with 4 dots, such that there would be 2000 cells per inch (or
>> 4000 halftone dots per inch) versus 4000 cells per inch (or 16000
>> halftone cells per inch).
>
> I must apologize up front for not reading the whole thread, but I just
> wanted to point out that perhaps where you said "two dots", you
> actually meant 2x2 dots, or 4 dots, and where you said "4 dots", you
> actually meant 4x4 dots, or 16 dots...while you seem to be showing
> this relationship (halftone cells are typically two dimensional) with
> your "per inch" statement.
>
> Sorry for butting in, carry on ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Austin