[filmscanners] Re: cleaning a dusty Nikon LS4000

Howdy--

There must be an awful lot of dust inside your refurbished scanner if
it gets on the film when you scan!

I'd recommend against just randomly spraying compressed air into the
scanner, but it should be fairly easy to remove the outer casing of
the scanner, and that should be enough to access the areas that are
close enough to the film plane that dust can get onto your film.
Then I expect you could use compressed air to blow dust off the dusty
parts, while keeping it from blowing down towards the CCD, etc.

--Bill