[filmscanners] ADMIN: Virus WARNING 'Site changes' mail

Last night at 04.00+5.00 GMT a mail was distributed as a filmscanners_digest
list mail. The mail contained W32Beagle/Bagle variant virus. The message
title was 'Site changes'. I received a copy myself.

DO NOT OPEN THIS MAIL, DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY.

I have had a couple of mails from concerned list members. Plus of course a
hundred or so returned rejected mails from automated AV responders.

I believe what was distributed was non-infectious and non-harmful, since NAV
is in use on the list server with 22/03/04 defs. The message should have
been cleaned before distribution by the listserver. However I can't be
absolutely sure what got distributed as the copy I received had already been
interdicted by NAV as incoming mail.

Details and removal tools are at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.m@mm.html

I have run a full AV scan and GFI mail security scan on the server, both
come up clean.

The mail will have originally come from a digest member who has somehow
acquired W32Bagle :( Probably someone on the E.Coast of the USA, if the
timezone can be believed,

PLEASE ensure you are running effective antivirus progs with up-to-date AV
defs. and never open attachments unless you are sure they are safe. NO
EMAILS FROM THE FILMSCANNERS LIST SERVER WILL EVER CONTAIN ATTACHMENTS, so
if you get such a mail, delete it unread.

Regards

Tony Sleep www.halftone.co.uk