[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Scan 4

Yes, I took a plunge and downloaded the version 4 along with firmware
update for my LS-40. Did the update and new NS4 installation (though
firmware upgrade looks a bit scary - watch out any possible
disturbancies to a computer or power supply during the process - may
cause severe damage to device that can only be resolved at repair
facility).

Apparently seems to be quite similar to version 3.1.2, probably except
of few user interface minor changes, has an option for ICE forth
feature
(though is blocked for LS-40/LS4000) and reprotedly (by Nikon) features
certain (I guess minor) improvement in software ICE algorithms.

Also, I finally got back instant Analog Gain preview (in previous
version I once a while ago had a bad luck of altering original preview
pan window, since then each time I altered Analog Gain, pressing
Preview would always engage preview scan rather the just instant
software simulation. Couldn't get back that no matter what I tried
(except of reinstalling the software, even contacting Nikon support
didn't help).
Now, with NS4.0 I got back that - very convenient and fast.

Alex