[filmscanners] Re: Better DOF than Nikon?

Hi Paul

           Have no idea how bowed your slides are.   I have a minolta elite
5400.    I frequently get edge blur with slides or negatives.   I has not
bothered me that much but I certainly do not get edge to edge sharp
focusing.     Have also used a LS-8000 and before a LS-4500 with the same
problem

           I guess your only alternative is to find someone with each of
the scanners or a store which has both and will let you plug in a laptop to
test them "so you may decide which you want to buy".

          Best Alex.