[filmscanners] Re: Printer drivers at 720ppi

on 10/24/03 7:49 PM, snsok@cox.net at snsok@cox.net wrote:

> Ditto. I printed two sharp 8X10 images of a scanned flower image, one with
> no discernible parallel vertical lines. I printed one at 300 and one at 360
> dpi on an Epson 2200. They were indistinguishable with a loupe.
>
> I would agree that it seems like the data are processed during the print
> process, whether the final resolution is set to a multiple of 720 or not.
>
> Stan Schwartz

Stan,

Okay, this is OT a bit, but it relates to the work flow with a film scanner.
I am wondering if you have upgraded to the 2200 from a different printer and
what improvement you may have noticed.  I am using an 1160 with CIS pigments
and seriously thinking of getting a 2200 for improved color.  Can you say
something about your experience going to the 2200 in relation to whatever
you had previously?

Thanks,
Berry